Position: Accounts Assistant
Location: Old Dalby, Leicestershire
Hours: 40 Hours F/T
Salary: Negotiable, dependent upon experience
Hawthorn, the creative technical event production expert, has a fantastic opportunity for an Accounts Assistant to work in its Accounts Department.
We’re looking for an organised, efficient and enthusiastic individual with an eye for detail to join our busy team, offering vital support to colleagues across a range of accounting tasks and responsibilities.
This is a great opportunity for the right candidate with great learning potential. We have a very inclusive Accounts team, where opportunities and shared practices are actively promoted. With this ethos in mind, if you’re a great team player, you will fit ideally into the Hawthorn Accounts department.
Your key responsibilities will include:
• Sales invoices reconciliation in Insphire-full training will provided
• Nominal Accounts monthly reconciliation
• Ad-hoc reporting as required
• Sterling and Euros Petty cash management and reconciliation
• Bank Account reconciliation
• An inquisitive and analytical mind
• Attention to detail and ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
• Demonstrable people and communication skills
• A professional phone manner
• Highly numerate and literate. Core strengths in English, Grammar and Mathematics
• Strong sense of urgency and responsibility
• Must be a team player and demonstrate successful experience working within a multi-disciplined, team environment
• Excellent PC skills. Must have good Microsoft Excel skills. Competent working on the Web and with Email
• Ability to work independently and achieve goals and meet timelines
• Confidence in dealing with customers
• A neat, tidy and methodical approach to work
• The ability to prioritise workload
• An understanding of customer needs
• Ability to cope under pressure
• In addition, the following skills are desirable, though not essential: -Experience with Sage 200, Insphire
Where you'll be
The job is based at our headquarters in Old Dalby, but you will work with colleagues across our bases in London, Cambridge and Slough.
We know investing in our people is key, so we offer our employees the following benefits:
✔ Enhanced holidays – 32 days (inclusive of 8 bank holidays)
✔ Life insurance
✔ Enhanced sick pay scheme
✔Centre stage (performance recognition)
We are creative technical event production experts. It's our job to make events look and sound amazing. And with over 30 years in the business, we really know our stuff.
Named by the London Stock Exchange in 2015 as one of the '1000 Companies to Inspire Britain', we believe every event should be an incredible experience. Hawthorn has been named by global accountancy firm Grant Thornton as one of the fastest growing companies in the East Midlands.
Using the very latest event technology, we create spectacular bespoke solutions, in the UK and beyond. We install equipment in venues and when only the kit is needed and not the whole caboodle, we hire it out. We sell equipment from leading manufacturers too.
Based in Leicestershire, London and Cambridge, with our cutting-edge gear, ingenious 200-strong team and unwavering focus on quality, we're proud to deliver a truly amazing service, every time. And that's why many of our clients choose to work with us again and again.
Email your CV with a covering letter outlining your experience, salary expectations and why you're the right person for the job to: email@example.com
Deadline for applications: 16 July 2018
Please note: we are sorry, but due to a high volume of applications, we are only able to contact applicants who are shortlisted.
- Deadline for applications: 16 July 2018
- Contact: Katie Bleidels
- Telephone: 01664 821111
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org