Position: Asset Operative
Location: Old Dalby, Leicestershire
Hours: 40 hours per week, plus overtime as required
Salary: Negotiable, depending on experience
Hawthorn, the creative technical event production expert, has a fantastic opportunity to join the team of Asset Operatives looking after our extensive technical entertainment equipment in our Moving Lights and Effects and Specials teams.
With a reputation for excellent customer service and high standards of equipment, Hawthorn is looking for a highly organised and personable individual to join our rapidly expanding team. We've seen a significant expansion in our impressive stock inventory over the last twelve months, investing £3million in new kit and warehouse improvements at our Leicestershire headquarters. We’ve also seen a staggering 90% increase in equipment supply to the theatre sector. Now is an exciting time to join the business and we’re looking for enthusiastic people to join in our success.
You will be working with equipment such as LED Lights, emergency lighting, Smoke Machines, Bubble machines, large fans, mirror balls, chandeliers, pyro and much more. You will be very hands on with this equipment; this job is much more than working in a warehouse moving boxes around.
Your key responsibilities will include:
• Preparing, maintaining, picking, de-prepping and re-shelfing equipment hired by our clients, following company procedures
• Completing PAT tests on electrical equipment
• Familiarise yourself with the hire stock and be able to visual identify each item with its codes
• Stock checks
• Assisting in the on/off hiring and booking equipment on InspHire, our stock control system
• Identify aults with equipment and know the correct procedures to solve the faults
• Communicate effectively across all departments of the company
• Be a team player
• Have great communication skills
• Be self-motivated
• Be able to work under pressure and to deadlines
• Be physically able to move stock
• Be keen to learn
• Be cheerful and positive
• Be a problem solver
• Be a reliable timekeeper
• Have experience in stock control (or willingness to learn)
• Be experienced in working with lighting, sound and AV technologies
• Possess good computer skills
• Have a forklift license
• Full UK driving licence (due to location public transport can prove to be difficult)
Where you'll be
The job is based at our headquarters in Old Dalby, Leicestershire
You will work your core 40 hours between Monday to Friday: 8.00am to 18.00pm.
Overtime may be required - Saturday and/or Sunday 10:00 to 15:00
We are creative technical event production experts. It's our job to make events look and sound amazing. And after 30 years in the business, we really know our stuff.
Named by the London Stock Exchange in 2015 as one of the '1000 Companies to Inspire Britain', we believe every event should be an incredible experience. Using the very latest event technology, we create spectacular bespoke solutions, in the UK and beyond. We install equipment in venues and when only the kit is needed and not the whole caboodle, we hire it out. We sell equipment from leading manufacturers too.
Based in Leicestershire, London and Cambridge, with our cutting-edge gear, ingenious 165-strong team and unwavering focus on quality, we're proud to deliver a truly amazing service, every time. And that's why many of our clients choose to work with us again and again.
Email your CV with a covering letter outlining your experience and why you're the right person for the job to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Deadline for applications: 14 April 2017
- Contact: Adrian Searle
- Telephone: 01664 821132
- Email: email@example.com