CELEBRATING A RECORD YEAR
We're delighted to announce that we've recorded a 25% increase in turnover to £18 million in our last financial year (July 2015-June 2016).
Since the acquisition of technical production house Anagram in 2013, we've embarked upon an ambitious five-year growth plan to increase our turnover from £11.3million to £20 million by July 2018. We're on track to achieve this in 2017 - our 30th anniversary year - one year ahead of target.
To support this growth, we've seen a significant investment in our people and training, with a 16% increase in employees, rising from 129 in June 2013 to 162 in June 2016; by 7 December 2016, the employee count had already risen to 187.
Key factors contributing to our continued expansion since 2013 include:
- Investment in the in-house Sales and Marketing team and the launch of a new Hawthorn brand in 2015, which amalgamated the Core Creative, Rex Howard Drapes and Anagram brands under one name: Hawthorn.
- Successful development of existing client accounts and new business acquisition across our hire, installation & sales and technical event production services.
- £9million investment over 3 years in new equipment and major warehouse improvements at our Leicestershire headquarters.
- Significant expansion in equipment supply to the Theatre and Concert touring markets, with an impressive 433% increase in business.
- Emphasis upon nurturing the next generation of technical talent and recruiting the best to the business.
Martin Hawthorn, Managing Director of Hawthorn, said: “The past three years has been incredibly exciting for Hawthorn and last year’s performance alone was an amazing achievement. We’ve focused upon achieving sustainable growth and performed beyond our expectations.
“I’m tremendously proud of what the company has achieved to date and its success reflects our knowledgeable, passionate and dedicated team who work so hard to deliver an excellent service for our customers. I’m particularly pleased with the growth in turnover which has also seen an increase in profit which we’ve been able to share with staff through our ongoing profit-related bonus scheme.
“In the year ahead I expect to see further investment in new equipment to meet the needs of our customers and a continued focus upon staff training, development and opportunities.
“This year we celebrate Hawthorn’s 30th anniversary and we’re on track to achieve £20million turnover a year ahead of plan. What better way to mark this milestone?”