Location: Old Dalby, Leicestershire
Hours: 40 hours plus overtime
Salary: Negotiable, depending upon experience
Hawthorn, the creative technical event production company, has a fantastic opportunity for a Carpenter to work in its busy Scenic department.
The successful candidate will have excellent joinery/carpentry skills. Knowledge of building scenery for the entertainment industry would be an advantage but this is not essential as training will be provided.
Joining an already talented and successful set building team this is an opportunity for someone to work in a creative environment with an opportunity to learn new skills in a busy department. Due to the nature of the entertainment industry the work is interesting, varied and can be physically demanding. This job will keep you on your toes and can involve long hours during busy periods with tight deadlines.
Your key responsibilities will include:
• Competent use of woodworking machinery.
• Knowledge of CNC routing an advantage (training will be provided if required).
• Ability to read technical drawings.
• Forklift licence an advantage (training provided if required).
• Adhering to H&S guidelines at all-times.
• Working with circular saws, CNC machinery and hand tools.
• Working at height can be a requirement.
• Heavy lifting will be required.
• At least 3 years joinery/carpentry experience.
• A willingness to learn.
• A dynamic approach to all tasks set for you.
• A clear understanding of the importance of meeting deadlines.
• A desire to complete a task to the highest standards.
• Possess good computer skills.
• Ability to use CAD (an advantage).
• Full UK driving licence.
Where you'll be
The job is based at our office/headquarters in Old Dalby, Leicestershire.
We know investing in our people is key, so we offer our employees the following benefits:
✔ Enhanced holidays – 32 days (inclusive of 8 bank holidays)
✔ Life insurance
✔ Enhanced sick pay scheme
We are creative technical event production experts. It's our job to make events look and sound amazing. And after over 30 years in the business, we really know our stuff.
Named by the London Stock Exchange in 2015 as one of the '1000 Companies to Inspire Britain', we believe every event should be an incredible experience. Using the very latest event technology, we create spectacular bespoke solutions, in the UK and beyond. We install equipment in venues and when only the kit is needed and not the whole caboodle, we hire it out. We sell equipment from leading manufacturers too.
Based in Leicestershire, London and Cambridge, with our cutting-edge gear, ingenious 150-strong team and unwavering focus on quality, we're proud to deliver a truly amazing service, every time. And that's why many of our clients choose to work with us again and again.
Email your CV with a covering letter outlining your experience and why you're the right person for the job to: firstname.lastname@example.org
For an informal chat about the role, contact Dan Carden on 07809 211851 or email email@example.com
Please note: we are sorry, but due to a high volume of applications, we are only able to contact applicants who are shortlisted.
- Deadline for applications: 30 March 2018
- Contact: Dan Carden
- Telephone: 07809 211851
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org