Location: Old Dalby, Leicestershire
Hours: 40 hours per week, plus overtime as required
Salary: Negotiable, dependent upon experience
Hawthorn, the creative technical event production experts, have a fantastic opportunity for a Driver to join our team.
With a reputation for excellent customer service and high standards of equipment, Hawthorn is looking for a highly organised and personable individual to join our rapidly expanding team.
This opportunity is full of responsibility – with deliveries and collections changing on a day-to-day, hour-to-hour basis. The successful candidate will have full responsibility for planning their own routes and loading and managing multi-drop orders.
Hawthorn has a fleet of twenty-two 3.5t vans, one 7.5t and one 26t. This role will predominantly involve the driving of 3.5t vans however, ability or experience of driving up to 26t would be advantageous.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Loading, unloading, preparing, inspecting and operating delivery vehicles
- Delivering and collecting a wide variety of items to different addresses and via different routes
- Working to a timed schedule and being responsible for planning your own routes
- Ensuring you deliver the correct items to the right destination and get the relevant paperwork signed by the customer
- Collecting hire equipment – completing necessary paperwork to show what has been collected, and notifying the office and the customer of anything that is missing or damaged
- Providing excellent customer service
- Providing VAT receipts for all expenditure on your company credit card in accordance to internal deadlines
Whilst you will be driving, loading or unloading most of the time, there will be occasions when you will be required to carry out other duties, such as van maintenance and cleaning, providing support to our Logistics and Asset departments or any other reasonable duties as dictated by the Logistic Manager, Supervisor, Hire Office Manager and Senior Management.
- Core hours: Monday to Friday - 8.00am to 18.00pm
- Overtime and weekend work as required
- Driving across the UK and occasionally in Europe
- Be well presented and have strong customer service skills
- Be enthusiastic and self-motivated
- Have strong verbal communication skills
- Be friendly, calm and approachable
- Possess basic written English and Math skills
- Be physically capable of lifting and loading equipment on and off vehicles
- Have a proven driving record
A license to drive and experience of driving up to 26t would be advantageous.
Where you'll be
The job is based at our headquarters in Old Dalby, Leicestershire with driving across the UK and occasionally the EU.
We are creative technical event production experts. It's our job to make events look and sound amazing. And after 30 years in the business, we really know our stuff.
Named by the London Stock Exchange in 2015 as one of the '1000 Companies to Inspire Britain', we believe every event should be an incredible experience. Using the very latest event technology, we create spectacular bespoke solutions, in the UK and beyond. We install equipment in venues and, when only the kit is needed and not the whole caboodle, we hire it out. We also sell equipment from leading manufacturers direct to you.
Based in Leicestershire, London and Cambridge, with our cutting-edge gear, ingenious 150-strong team and unwavering focus on quality, we're proud to deliver a truly amazing service, every time. And that's why many of our clients choose to work with us again and again.
Email your CV with a covering letter outlining your experience and why you're the right person for the job to email@example.com
Please note: We are sorry, but due to a high volume of applications, we are only able to contact applicants who are shortlisted.
- Deadline for applications: 17:00 12th April 2018
- Contact: Gavin Hawthorn
- Telephone: 01664 821182
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org