Position: Electrical Supervisor
Location: Old Dalby, Leicestershire
Hours: 40 hours per week, plus overtime as required
Salary: Negotiable, depending on experience
Hawthorn is looking for an experienced Electrical Supervisor to join its busy permanent installation team. The post-holder will be the onsite supervisor with and link between installation delivery manager and the installation and servicing site team.
The role would suit an existing electrical supervisor looking to expand on their skillset into an exciting and creative industry working in theatres, museums, education establishments and some of the most recognised and historically important buildings within the UK.
You will be producing work to really be proud of comprising of audio, video and lighting installations for use in theatre, education and broadcast.
Your key responsibilities will include:
• Supporting the installation delivery manager in the delivery of installations and servicing
• Being a representative of the company on a day to day basis and to pass relevant information both up and down the line
• Responsibility for onsite health and safety matters
• Undertaking inspection and testing conforming to relevant regulations and ensure all relevant documentation is completed in a timely manner
• Undertaking and maintaining all relevant paperwork both onsite and at base
• Ensuring all electrical work is carried out and complies with relevant regulations
• Managing and supervising your given site on a day to day basis ensuring staffing levels are maintained and the site is run efficiently and to company standards
Main tasks of the role:
• To supervise all installation staff, including freelance
• To communicate and keep informed installation delivery manager regarding status of current work and any relevant issues
• To liaise with both the delivery manager and purchasing team regarding delivery and procurement of equipment required on site
• To carry out electrical condition report testing and portable appliance testing as instructed
• To communicate with the client regarding onsite decisions
• To ensure all company health and safety systems and relevant RAMS are followed on site
• To carry out installation and maintenance of specialist equipment
• To undertake specialist terminations and wiring as instructed by the installations delivery manager
• To keep up to date with relevant electrical and LOLER regulations and undertake training as required
• To carry out tasks within timescales set by the installation delivery manager
Physical and social conditions
• Working at height
• Manual handling
• Occasional early starts and late finishes
• Working away from home
• Occasional working in challenging environmental conditions
• Full driving license
• Industry experience
• Computer literate
• Ability to work under pressure
• Positive, self-motivated approach
• Effective communication with great verbal and written skills
• NVQ Level 3 electrical qualification
• 2391 an advantage
Where you'll be
The job is based at our office/headquarters in Leicestershire. However, travel will be required with the majority of time spent on site and working with colleagues across our bases in London and Cambridge.
Pay and benefits
✔ Competitive salary, depending upon experience
✔ Enhanced holidays – 32 days (inclusive of 8 bank holidays)
✔ Life insurance
✔ Enhanced sick pay scheme
We are creative technical event production experts. It's our job to make events look and sound amazing. And after 30 years in the business, we really know our stuff.
Named by the London Stock Exchange in 2015 as one of the '1000 Companies to Inspire Britain', we believe every event should be an incredible experience. Using the very latest event technology, we create spectacular bespoke solutions, in the UK and beyond. We install equipment in venues and when only the kit is needed and not the whole caboodle, we hire it out. We sell equipment from leading manufacturers too.
Based in Leicestershire, London and Cambridge, with our cutting-edge gear, ingenious 150-strong team and unwavering focus on quality, we're proud to deliver a truly amazing service, every time. And that's why many of our clients choose to work with us again and again.
Email your CV with a covering letter outlining your experience and why you're the right person for the job to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Deadline for applications: 23 March 2018
- Contact: Jordan Curtis
- Telephone: 01664 821 081
- Email: Jordan.Curtis@hawthorn.biz