Position: Installation Electrician
Location: Old Dalby, Leicestershire
Hours: 40 hours per week, plus overtime as required
Salary: Negotiable, dependent upon experience
Hawthorn, the creative technical event production expert, has a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Installation Electrician to join our team.
Hawthorn installs lighting, sound, video and related equipment into a huge range of venues from a school hall to a contemporary art gallery, heritage building to broadcast studio, church to exhibition centre. The successful candidate will join our rapidly expanding Install team, undertaking the permanent installation maintenance and testing of electrical, mechanical stage engineering and specialist systems, including control aspects.
In this role, you will undertake the installation, maintenance and testing of electrical and mechanical stage engineering and specialist systems, including all control aspects.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Installing electrical and mechanical equipment
- Carrying out activities in line with our ServiceSafe operations
- Conducting electrical report testing and portable appliance testing
- Terminating installations to a high standard
- To undertake general housekeeping within the Installation stores
- Ensuring all company health and safety procedures and RAMS are followed
- Driving company vehicles
- Keeping up to date with relevant electrical and LOLER regulations and undertake relevant training as required
- Adhering to project timescales and deadlines
- Maintaining accurate expense reports and mileage records
- Working at height - working in the correct manner and – if not PASMA trained – under supervision of a PASMA certified operative
- Manual handling
- Occasional long hours with early starts and late finishes
- Working away from home
- Occasional working in challenging environments
- Have a good working knowledge of audio, lighting and video control equipment
- Be able to read and understand system drawings, including schematics and cable schedules
- Have effective written and verbal communication skills
- Be computer literate
- PASMA certification would be advantageous
- Be able to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Possess a positive, self-motivated approach
- Deliver excellent customer service to our clients
Where you'll be
The job is based out of our headquarters in Old Dalby, Leicestershire with frequent travel to client locations across the country.
We are creative technical event production experts. It's our job to make events look and sound amazing. And after 29 years in the business, we really know our stuff.
Named by the London Stock Exchange in 2015 as one of the '1000 Companies to Inspire Britain', we believe every event should be an incredible experience. Using the very latest event technology, we create spectacular bespoke solutions, in the UK and beyond. We install equipment in venues and when only the kit is needed and not the whole caboodle, we hire it out. We sell equipment from leading manufacturers too.
Based in Leicestershire, London and Cambridge, with our cutting-edge gear, ingenious 165-strong team and unwavering focus on quality, we're proud to deliver a truly amazing service, every time. And that's why many of our clients choose to work with us again and again.
Email your CV with a covering letter outlining your experience and why you're the right person for the job to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Deadline for applications: ASAP
- Contact: Lydia Hawthorn
- Telephone: 01664 821153
- Email: email@example.com