INSTALLATION PROJECT MANAGER
Position: Installation Project Manager
Location: Old Dalby, Leicestershire
Hours: 40 hours per week, plus overtime as required
Salary: Negotiable, dependent upon experience
Hawthorn, the creative technical event production expert, has a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Installation Project Manager to join our team.
Hawthorn installs lighting, sound, video and related equipment into a huge range of venues from a school hall to a contemporary art gallery, heritage building to broadcast studio, church to exhibition centre. In this role, you will undertake the Project Management, design and specialist aspects of the installation and ServiceSafe maintence work.
- To undertake computer aided design work as instructed.
- To design relevant installations to budget and clients expectations
- To undertake specialist terminations including but not exclusive to soldering, crimping, fibre optic and general electrical terminations.
- To undertake specialist commissioning of lighting, sound and video control interfaces.
- To undertake detailed fault finding on control systems and relevant interfaces.
- To undertake specialist testing and servicing of equipment on site.
- To work with purchasing team in costing for projects.
- To advise on relevant and latest equipment suitable for current projects.
- To keep up to date with advancements in both technology and procedures.
- To ensure all company health and safety systems and relevant RAMS are followed on site.
- To work with installation delivery manager on relevant health and safety paperwork and issues.
- To work within relevant budgets and timescales.
- To supervise as required all installation and ServiceSafe staff, both permanent and freelance on site.
- To communicate and keep informed Installation delivery manager regarding status of current work and any relevant issues.
- To liaise with both the delivery manager and purchasing team regarding delivery and procurement of equipment required on site.
- Working at height - working in the correct manner and – if not PASMA trained – under supervision of a PASMA certified operative
- Manual handling
- Occasional long hours with early starts and late finishes
- Working away from home
- Occasional working in challenging environments
- Working at a desk on a computer
Where you'll be
The job is based out of our headquarters in Old Dalby, Leicestershire with frequent travel to client locations across the country.
We are creative technical event production experts. It's our job to make events look and sound amazing. And after 30 years in the business, we really know our stuff.
Named by the London Stock Exchange in 2015 as one of the '1000 Companies to Inspire Britain', we believe every event should be an incredible experience. Using the very latest event technology, we create spectacular bespoke solutions, in the UK and beyond. We install equipment in venues and when only the kit is needed and not the whole caboodle, we hire it out. We sell equipment from leading manufacturers too.
Based in Leicestershire, London and Cambridge, with our cutting-edge gear, ingenious 165-strong team and unwavering focus on quality, we're proud to deliver a truly amazing service, every time. And that's why many of our clients choose to work with us again and again.
Email your CV with a covering letter outlining your experience and why you're the right person for the job to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Deadline for applications: ASAP
- Contact: Lydia Hawthorn
- Telephone: 01664 821153
- Email: email@example.com