LIFTING EQUIPMENT TECHNICIAN
Lifting Equipment Technician
Position: Lifting Equipment Technician
Location: Old Dalby, Leicestershire
Hours: 40 hours per week, plus overtime as required
Salary: Negotiable, depending on experience
Hawthorn, the creative technical event production company, is looking for an experienced Lifting Equipment Technician. The post-holder will prepare, inspect, service and maintain rigging assets, including single and three phase motors, manual and wire winches and other associated rigging items. We're looking for skilled and mechanically minded candidates with good electrical knowledge. As part of a team you will contribute to the smooth running of the department and the larger Hire Asset team.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Inspecting, servicing and testing hire assets
- Picking and returning hire assets accurately
- Commissioning new assets into the rental fleet
- Stock checking
- Assisting in the loading and unloading of vehicles
- Liaising with other departments
- PAT testing of equipment
- Ensuring that the working environment is kept clean and tidy and championing the "Clean As You Go" initiative
- Adhering to all Health and Safety policies and required procedures
- Be mechanically minded and skilled
- Have basic electrical knowledge
- Possess good fault-finding skills
- Demonstrate effective use of schematic and parts listings
- Remain diligent
- Be organised
- Be flexible with working hours
- Have an attention to detail
- Be a good communicator
- Possess moderate IT skills
Desirable Knowledge and Skills:
· Knowledge of L.O.L.E.R. and P.U.W.E.R.
· Experience with entertainment mechanical equipment
· Experience in implementing robust test procedures
Where you'll be
The job is based at our headquarters in Old Dalby, Leicestershire.
Working 40 hours in each seven-day period, Monday to Sunday.
Overtime as required.
We are creative technical event production experts. It's our job to make events look and sound amazing. And after 30 years in the business, we really know our stuff.
Named by the London Stock Exchange in 2015 as one of the '1000 Companies to Inspire Britain', we believe every event should be an incredible experience. Using the very latest event technology, we create spectacular bespoke solutions, in the UK and beyond. We install equipment in venues and when only the kit is needed and not the whole caboodle, we hire it out. We sell equipment from leading manufacturers too.
Based in Leicestershire, London and Cambridge, with our cutting-edge gear, ingenious 165-strong team and unwavering focus on quality, we're proud to deliver a truly amazing service, every time. And that's why many of our clients choose to work with us again and again.
Email your CV with a covering letter outlining your experience and why you're the right person for the job to: email@example.com
For an informal conversation about the role, please contact Adrian Searle on 01664 821132 or email Adrian.Searle@hawthorn.biz
Deadline for applications: 31 January 2018
- Deadline for applications: 31 January
- Contact: Adrian Searle
- Telephone: 01664 821132
- Email: Adrian.Searle@hawthorn.biz