PROJECT MANAGER: BATTERSEA EVOLUTION
Position: Project Manager
Location: Battersea Evolution
Hours: Full Time
Salary: Negotiable, dependent upon experience
Hawthorn, the creative technical event production expert, has a fantastic opportunity for a Project Manager to join the team.
The role will be based at Battersea Evolution, but will also involve working on other sites around the UK. The ideal candidate would be a Senior Technician looking to make the next step in their career, or a Technical Project Manager looking for a new challenge in an exciting and challenging venue.
Hawthorn work in partnership with Smart Group at Battersea Evolution, one of London’s most respected, exciting and versatile venues. We have installed an extensive production package to provide a turn-key solution for a wide range of events from gala dinners and conferences to exhibitions and product launches – and as preferred supplier regularly provide full technical production in these spaces.
Boasting a 5,500m2 floorspace, Battersea Evolution has hosted events such as TPI Awards, Chelsea Player of the Year, The London Motorshow, Huawei P9 Product Launch, The Sunday Times Best Companies to Work For and The BT Sports Industry Awards amongst many more.
Your key roles and responsibilities will be:
- Coordinate the everyday running of the venue, ensuring it’s always well presented
- To manage and deliver the technical production for live events, incoming productions and exhibitions successfully and to the full expectations of the client. The role includes a high degree of responsibility in all areas of work, so an ability to make managerial decisions that may be key to the success of a project is fundamental.
- Attend site visits at Battersea Evolution to assist their team selling the venue to it’s full potential, in particular our production services and the technical infrastructure
Within this challenging role you will be working;
• Non standard hours
• Away from home at times
• Both internally and externally onsite
• All year round including weekends and bank holidays where required
• At height on ladders and in scissor lifts
• Nationally and internationally
• In stressful and high pressured environments to given timelines.
• Excellent communication skills – to liaise with incoming production companies and clients in Battersea Evolution
• A good understanding of technical production – including sound, lighting, video, rigging and power distribution systems
• Proven experience managing large teams on site within challenging timeframes
• Experience of Autocad, Microsoft Word and Excel
Where you'll be
The job is primarily based in Battersea Evolution, but you will work with colleagues across our bases in London, Cambridge and Leicestershire.
We are creative technical event production experts. It's our job to make events look and sound amazing. And after 28 years in the business, we really know our stuff.
Named by the London Stock Exchange in 2015 as one of the '1000 Companies to Inspire Britain', we believe every event should be an incredible experience. Using the very latest event technology, we create spectacular bespoke solutions, in the UK and beyond. We install equipment in venues and when only the kit is needed and not the whole caboodle, we hire it out. We sell equipment from leading manufacturers too.
Based in Leicestershire, London and Cambridge, with our cutting-edge gear, ingenious 150-strong team and unwavering focus on quality, we're proud to deliver a truly amazing service, every time. And that's why many of our clients choose to work with us again and again.
Email your CV with a covering letter outlining your experience and why you're the right person for the job to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note: we are sorry, but due to a high volume of applications, we are able to contact applicants who are shortlisted only.
- Deadline for applications: 31 July 2017
- Contact: Tom Ring
- Telephone: 01223 897690
- Email: email@example.com