Project Support Administrator
Position: Project Support Administrator
Location: Great Abington, Cambridge
Hours: 40 hours per week/flexible
Salary: Negotiable, dependent upon experience
Hawthorn, the creative technical event production expert, has a fantastic opportunity for a bright and super-organised administrator to join its team in Cambridge and support its busy Project Managers to deliver amazing events.
Our Project Managers are a creative and dynamic team and work with a diverse range of clients to deliver stunning events - from conferences, exhibitions and showcases, to big parties and intimate dinners. You’ll be their right-hand person, handling all the essential administrative and logistical tasks that play a vital role in event production, enabling them to deliver the incredible service we pride ourselves upon.
This is an exciting role for the right candidate – every project is different and you’ll be involved with each event from start to finish, working with a brilliant team who specialise in making things happen. It goes without saying that the right person for this role will be a great team player with laser-sharp attention to detail, who thrives on finding solutions to problems and keeps a cool head when things don’t go exactly to plan.
Your key responsibilities will include:
• Booking transportation and logistics
• Booking crew - local crew and freelance crew
• Sub-hiring kit
• Booking accommodation
• Booking and checking hires on the company’s hire software (in job training will be provided)
• Compiling health and safety documentation
• CAD Drawings (not essential, in job training will be provided)
• Crew scheduling
• Taking project enquiries
• Being onsite at events to support the Project team as required.
• Post-event administration
• great verbal and written communication skills
• a positive and friendly telephone manner
• excellent computer skills – particularly Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
• experience of working under pressure and to tight deadlines
• a proactive approach to solving problems
• experience of working as part of a busy team, but also comfortable with working alone as required.
Where you'll be
The job is based at our Cambridge office in leafy Great Abington, but you will work with colleagues across our bases in Leicestershire and London. There will also be the opportunity to support the team onsite at events.
We are creative technical event production experts. It's our job to make events look and sound amazing. And after 28 years in the business, we really know our stuff.
Named by the London Stock Exchange in 2015 as one of the '1000 Companies to Inspire Britain', we believe every event should be an incredible experience. Using the very latest event technology, we create spectacular bespoke solutions, in the UK and beyond. We install equipment in venues and when only the kit is needed and not the whole caboodle, we hire it out. We sell equipment from leading manufacturers too.
Based in Leicestershire, London and Cambridge, with our cutting-edge gear, ingenious 180-strong team and unwavering focus on quality, we're proud to deliver a truly amazing service, every time. And that's why many of our clients choose to work with us again and again.
Email your CV with a covering letter outlining your experience and why you're the right person for the job to: email@example.com
- Deadline for applications: 28 February 2018
- Contact: James Hunter
- Telephone: 01223 897690
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org