Technician - EventCity
Location: EventCity, TraffordCity, Manchester, M41 7TB
Hours: 40 hours per week, plus overtime as required
Salary: Negotiable, dependent upon experience
Hawthorn, the creative technical event production expert, has a fantastic opportunity for a Venue Technician, working as one of the Hawthorn team based at EventCity, Manchester.
We believe every event should be an incredible experience. Through our Create, Hire and Install services, we connect technology with creativity, working alongside our clients to bring their vision to life.
Hawthorn work in partnership with EventCity to provide a “One Stop” production solution for events in one of the north’s largest, exciting and versatile venues. Boasting 28,000m2 of space, it has hosted events such as The Ideal Home Show, The X Factor Live Auditions, large scale European Business Conferences, Snooker’s English Open & Players Championships.
Based at EventCity, the Venue Technician will have responsibility for the installation, maintenance and facilitation of the day-to-day running of the venue’s in-house technical infrastructure.
This opportunity is full of responsibility – the successful candidate will represent the Hawthorn brand throughout their daily duties. Acting as a brand ambassador, you will ensure that we are represented in line with our culture and values.
Your key responsibilities will include:
• Working as part of an effective team to deliver the rigging & draping requirements for a variety of events.
• to rig, set up, focus, de-rig, lighting, sound, video & stage/set equipment and related equipment to the expected standard and within the expected time frame.
• Programming, operation and maintenance of various technical systems.
• Responsible for the inspection & PAT testing of venue electrical equipment.
• Responsible for the test & inspection of house rigging equipment.
• To work unsupervised as a duty technician during events.
• Prepping of equipment for upcoming events.
• To work in compliance with Health & safety policy and all company procedures.
• Representing the company in a positive & professional manner at all times.
• Driving of company vehicles for off-site requirements.
• To fulfil other reasonable duties as required by line manager or as requested by a senior person.
This challenging role will include working:
• Non-standard hours.
• Away from home (limited).
• Internally and externally onsite.
• All year round.
• Evenings, weekends and bank holidays where required.
• At height.
• With plant and access equipment.
• In adverse weather conditions.
• In stressful and high-pressured environments to given timelines.
• Be able to work efficiently alongside colleagues and as an individual, being both self-motivated and responsive to others.
• Have a basic understanding and competence of rigging, electrical distribution, lighting and audio-visual systems.
• Be able to understand and interpret technical plans and direction by senior members of the team and carry out those tasks to the expected level.
• Be able to provide the seamless link between incoming production companies and the Hawthorn infrastructure.
• Support the EventCity Sales and Operations teams in the successful delivery and implementation of all events offering technical support and advice as needed.
• Hold a full UK driving licence.
• Constantly learning and improving your own skillset to maintain and improve our standard of work.
• Promote a positive attitude amongst colleagues and maintain a consistent, motivated approach to work.
Where you'll be
The job is based at EventCity, TraffordCity, Manchester with occasional travel to other company locations or event sites as required.
We are creative technical event production experts. It's our job to make events look and sound amazing. With over 30 years in the business, we really know our stuff.
Named by the London Stock Exchange in 2015 as one of the '1000 Companies to Inspire Britain', we believe every event should be an incredible experience. Using the very latest event technology, we create spectacular bespoke solutions, in the UK and beyond. We install equipment in venues and when only the kit is needed and not the whole caboodle, we hire it out. We sell equipment from leading manufacturers too.
Based in Leicestershire, Manchester, London and Cambridge, with our cutting-edge gear, ingenious 180-strong team and unwavering focus on quality, we're proud to deliver a truly amazing service, every time. And that's why many of our clients choose to work with us again and again.
Email your CV with a covering letter outlining your experience and why you're the right person for the job to: firstname.lastname@example.org
For an informal chat about the role, contact Neil on 07866 026 326 or email email@example.com
Please note: we are sorry, but due to a high volume of applications, we are only able to contact applicants who are shortlisted only.
- Deadline for applications: Friday 1 June 2018
- Contact: Neil Gumm
- Telephone: 07866 026 326
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org