WAREHOUSE OPERATIVE - DISPATCH/GOODS IN
Position: Warehouse Operative - Dispatch Goods In
Location: Old Dalby, Leicestershire
Hours: 40 hours per week, plus overtime as required
Salary: Negotiable, depending on experience
Hawthorn, the creative technical event production expert, is looking for an Operative to help us maintain an efficient flow of equipment into and out of our busy warehouse. With a reputation for excellent customer service and high standards of equipment, we're looking for a candidate to carry out the loading and unloading of vehicles in accordance with our events schedule, using in-house software to keep track of and book out equipment.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Loading and unloading vehicles in the dispatch and goods-in area
- Ensuring all loads are complete, accurate and on time for dispatch
- Assisting customers and receiving deliveries
- Printing hires and off-hiring when required
- Keeping the dispatch area clean, tidy and safe
- Acting as a banksman to ensure the safe movement of lorries within the yard
- Loading and unloading vehicles and moving stock using forklifts
- Basic maintenance of fork lift trucks (training will be provided)
- Moving and parking vans
- Supervising contracted staff
- Liaising with departments from across the business to ensure equipment is booked and collected from the goods-in area
- Working closely with colleagues in Asset Logistics Returns to book in equipment
- Liaising with Project Managers and Project Support staff
- Talking to trucking companies
- Any other tasks as required by the development and growth of the department and business
- Possess a full UK driving licence
- Have a forklift license (training can be provided if you do not)
- Have great customer service skills and be a team player
- Be able to work flexible hours to meet the demands of our business and industry
- Be capable of carrying out heavy lifting and coping with the physical demands of this position
- Possess good computer skills
Where you'll be
The job is based at our headquarters in Old Dalby, Leicestershire.
You will work your core 40 hours over between:
Monday to Friday: 7am to 6pm
Saturday and/or Sunday 9am to 3pm
Overtime as required.
✔ Enhanced holidays – 32 days (inclusive of 8 bank holidays)✔ Pensions✔ Perkbox ✔ Uniform ✔ Life insurance✔ Enhanced sick pay scheme
We are creative technical event production experts. It's our job to make events look and sound amazing. And after 30 years in the business, we really know our stuff.
Named by the London Stock Exchange in 2015 as one of the '1000 Companies to Inspire Britain', we believe every event should be an incredible experience. Using the very latest event technology, we create spectacular bespoke solutions, in the UK and beyond. We install equipment in venues and when only the kit is needed and not the whole caboodle, we hire it out. We sell equipment from leading manufacturers too.
Based in Leicestershire, London and Cambridge, with our cutting-edge gear, ingenious 165-strong team and unwavering focus on quality, we're proud to deliver a truly amazing service, every time. And that's why many of our clients choose to work with us again and again.
Email your CV with a covering letter outlining your experience and why you're the right person for the job to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Deadline for applications: 23 March 2018
- Contact: Jon Bailey-Cowen
- Telephone: 01664 821144
- Email: email@example.com