WAREHOUSE - RETURNS ASSISTANT
Position: WAREHOUSE - RETURNS ASSISTANT
Location: Old Dalby, Leicestershire
Hours: 40 hours per week, plus overtime as required – includes weekend work
Salary: Negotiable, dependent upon experience
Hawthorn, the creative technical event production experts, have a fantastic opportunity for a Returns Assistant to join our busy warehouse team. With a reputation for excellent customer service and high standards of equipment, Hawthorn is looking for a highly organised and personable individual to join our rapidly expanding team.
This opportunity is full of responsibility as it involves ensuring our hire equipment is returned and monitored appropriately. The successful candidate will work under the Returns Coordinator to ensure non-returned items are fully accounted for.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- To work with the Asset Logistics Returns Coordinator in the booking in and off-hiring of equipment.
- To liaise with departments to ensure equipment is booked in and collected from the GI area.
- Monitor inspHire system/reports and “Hire Admin” emails to be aware of all contracts due back.
- Together with the Asset Logistics Returns Coordinator maintain target of zero on-hire items.
- Relaying information to dispatch team re. any changes and truck times etc.
- Monitoring inspHire to ensure contracts are off-hired at the appropriate time.
- Resolving returns issues by talking to departments, project managers and the Hire department.
- Report any non-returned, damaged or overdue equipment to the Asset Logistics Returns Coordinator or Project /Hire owner
- Assist in stock taking, including items on the Returns missing Project
- Assisting with the return of non-Hawthorn items that arrive with our off-hires.
- Assisting customers who are here to return & collect dry hires and taking deliveries, when busy
- Answering the phone and other’s phones when busy and taking messages.
- To provide holiday & sick cover for Asset Logistics department and help with other ad-hoc requirements
- This list is not exhaustive and you will be required to undertake other reasonable duties as dictated by the Management. It is intended that the incumbent will expand and develop this role.
Working hours are 40 hours in each seven-day period covering:
- Monday to Friday between 07.00 am – 17.00 pm
- Saturday 09.00am – 13.00 pm
- Sunday 09.00 am – 12.00 pm
Overtime is paid at the following rates:
· 40-55 hours per week + 15% of basic rate
· 55+ hours per week + 25% of basic.
- Have good attention to detail
- Be a good problem solver
- Be enthusiastic and self-motivated
- Have strong verbal communication skills
- Be friendly, calm and approachable
- Possess basic written English and Math skills
- Work well with IT systems
- A licence to drive would be advantageous.
Where you'll be
The job is based at our headquarters in Old Dalby, Leicestershire
We are creative technical event production experts. It's our job to make events look and sound amazing. And after 30 years in the business, we really know our stuff.
We believe every event should be an incredible experience. Using the very latest event technology, we create spectacular bespoke solutions, in the UK and beyond. We install equipment in venues and, when only the kit is needed and not the whole caboodle, we hire it out. We also sell equipment from leading manufacturers direct to you.
Based in Leicestershire, London and Cambridge, with our cutting-edge gear, ingenious 150-strong team and unwavering focus on quality, we're proud to deliver a truly amazing service, every time. And that's why many of our clients choose to work with us again and again.
Email your CV with a covering letter outlining your experience and why you're the right person for the job to: email@example.com
For an informal chat about the role, contact Andrew Tildesley on 01664 821147 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline for applications: 17:00 Friday 20th April 2018
Please note: We are sorry, but due to a high volume of applications, we are only able to contact applicants who are shortlisted.
- Deadline for applications: 20 April 2018
- Contact: Andrew Tildesley
- Telephone: 01664 821147
- Email: email@example.com