Business Development Manager
Position: Business Development Manager
Location: Leicestershire (East Midlands) or London
Hours: 40 hours per week with occasional weekend and evening work
Salary: Competitive – subject to experience
Hawthorn, the creative technical event production expert, has a fantastic opportunity for a dynamic Business Development Manager to joint its busy Sales and Marketing Department.
This is an exciting opportunity to join our expanding team, helping to communicate and grow the Hawthorn brand within the live events sector across the UK and beyond.
This role will represent the Hawthorn brand in the market place, ensuring that we are represented, seen, heard and understood in the right way, in line with our brand identity and values. The post holder will be responsible for developing our brand perception and growing our reputation for being a creative, pioneering and inspiring company that people want to engage with. They will be the “face of Hawthorn” at meetings and industry events, validating our credibility by sharing our successes and industry insights.
This role will be key in defining long term strategic goals, building customer relationships, identifying business opportunities and negotiating and closing business deals with the ultimate objective of increasing revenue.
Your key responsibilities will include:
New Business Development
• Identifying potential clients and key decision makers within client organisations. Conducting research, calls and strategic meetings with the objective of generating new opportunities and a steady revenue stream for the sales pipeline.
• Planning and assisting with persuasive approaches and pitches that will convince potential clients to do business with our company.
• Creating and maintaining your industry network through attending events, qualified meetings and conducting regular phone calls and visits to existing and potential clients and industry influencers.
• Working with project teams to plan approaches and write and deliver brand pitches and proposals.
• Promoting marketing campaigns and Hawthorn brand initiatives, with the objective of increasing brand awareness and maximising overall brand perception.
• Researching and developing strategic partnerships with venues, caterers, venue finders, associations and industry bodies to increase revenue and brand exposure.
• Working alongside Project Managers to convert new briefs and develop new accounts.
• Following up post event customer feedback in conjunction with the project teams. Arranging and participating in internal and external client debriefs with the objective of growing accounts and securing repeat business.
• Acting as an additional touch point and fill in “white space” during the customer journey for existing clients pre, during and post project work as and when required.
Business Development Planning
• Attending industry functions and researching relevant information – including reading industry publications - in order to feedback on market trends at monthly sales and marketing meetings.
• Identifying opportunities for campaigns and marketing opportunities that will lead to an increase in sales.
• Using knowledge of the market and competitors to develop the company’s unique selling propositions and differentiators.
Management and Research
• Submitting weekly progress reports and ensuring data is accurate on reports and entered into the company’s CRM system.
• Producing monthly sales forecasts and ensuring the pipeline conversation rate is maximised.
• Working with the Sales Executive to ensure that tenders and prequalification’s for venue and client tenders are met in a timely manner.
The Business Development Manager is expected to work out of our London office in North Acton or Leicestershire headquarters 5 days a week, unless out on external appointments, with regular travel to our base in Cambridge and across the UK.
The post holder will also be required to attend sales and marketing related external appointments, including events that will involve evening and weekend work, as and when required.
• A minimum of 2 years’ experience within the events sector in a Customer Relations, Business Development or Account Management role, ideally with a technical production background.
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, to include writing creative and persuasive content for customer communications and proposals, with strong attention to detail and accuracy
• Ability to generate new ideas which build reputation and add value
• Ability to proactively build relationships with existing and new customers and understand how to convert opportunities and grow accounts
• A professional but friendly approach to work – you’ll need to sniff out opportunities and have the tenacity to pursue them, whilst being mindful of the demands placed on our busy teams
• A resilient self-starter personality, experienced/comfortable with working remotely from direct line manager
• Experience of using CRM systems
• Excellent IT skills with full working knowledge of Microsoft Windows Applications
Where you'll be
The job is based either at our headquarters in Old Dalby in Leicestershire, or our office in North Acton, London.
We are creative technical event production experts. It's our job to make events look and sound amazing. And with over 30 years in the business, we really know our stuff.
Named by the London Stock Exchange in 2015 as one of the '1000 Companies to Inspire Britain', we believe every event should be an incredible experience. Using the very latest event technology, we create spectacular bespoke solutions, in the UK and beyond. We install equipment in venues and when only the kit is needed and not the whole caboodle, we hire it out. We sell equipment from leading manufacturers too.
Based in Leicestershire, London and Cambridge, with our cutting-edge equipment, ingenious 150-strong team and unwavering focus on quality, we're proud to deliver a truly amazing service, every time. And that's why many of our clients choose to work with us again and again.
Email your CV with a covering letter outlining your experience and why you're the right person for the job to: firstname.lastname@example.org
For an informal chat about the role, contact Scott Rooney-Ashby on 07712 653400 or email email@example.com
Please note: we are sorry, but due to a high volume of applications, we are able to contact applicants who are shortlisted only.
- Deadline for applications: 11 March 2019
- Contact: Scott Rooney-Ashby
- Telephone: 07712 653400
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org