INSTALLATION SYSTEMS SUPPORT DESIGNER
Position: Installation Systems Support Designer
Location: Old Dalby, Leicestershire
Hours: 40 hours per week, plus overtime as required
Salary: Negotiable, depending on experience
Hawthorn, the technical event production expert is looking for an Installations Systems Support Designer to join its busy permanent technical equipment installation team.
You will be working as part of a team delivering audio, video and lighting equipment installations in theatres, museums, educational establishments and some of the most recognised and historically important buildings within the UK.
In this role, you will be responsible for working within our design team putting together CAD drawings and schematics.
You will be experienced in delivering CAD designs and drawings and working on excel and other Microsoft packages.
• To undertake computer aided design work as instructed.
• To put together schematics as instructed.
• To advise site personnel in person or over the phone regarding technical queries.
• Uploading information to relevant job portals.
• To assist the design team with putting together O&M manuals.
• To ensure installation and servicing staff have sufficient information to enable them to undertake site work effectively.
• To keep accurate expense records and mileage reports.
• To keep up to date with advancements in both technology and procedures.
Physical and social conditions
• Occasional early starts and late finishes
• Occasional working away from home
• Occasional weekend work
• Full driving license
• Industry knowledge
• Computer literate
• Ability to work under pressure
• Positive, self-motivated approach
• Effective communication with great verbal and written skills
Where you'll be
The job is based at our office/headquarters in Leicestershire. However, travel will be required to attend site meetings and working with colleagues across our bases in London and Cambridge.
Pay and benefits
✔ Competitive salary, depending upon experience
✔ Enhanced holidays – 32 days (inclusive of 8 bank holidays)
✔ Life insurance
✔ Enhanced sick pay scheme
We are creative technical event production experts. It's our job to make events look and sound amazing. With over 30 years in the business, we really know our stuff.
Named by the London Stock Exchange in 2015 as one of the '1000 Companies to Inspire Britain', we believe every event should be an incredible experience. Using the very latest event technology, we create spectacular bespoke solutions, in the UK and beyond. We install equipment in venues and when only the kit is needed and not the whole caboodle, we hire it out. We sell equipment from leading manufacturers too.
Based in Leicestershire, London and Cambridge, with our cutting-edge gear, ingenious 150-strong team and unwavering focus on quality, we're proud to deliver a truly amazing service, every time. And that's why many of our clients choose to work with us again and again.
Email your CV with a covering letter outlining your experience and why you're the right person for the job to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Deadline for applications: 18 January 2018
- Contact: Lydia Hawthorn
- Telephone: 01664 821 153
- Email: email@example.com