IT Helpdesk Engineer
Position: IT Help Desk Engineer
Location: Old Dalby, Leicestershire
Hours: 40h – Full Time
Salary: Dependant on experience
Hawthorn, the creative technical event production expert, has a fantastic opportunity for an IT Help Desk Engineer to work in its busy IT department.
We are looking for highly customer-focussed and enthusiastic Deskside Support Engineer with a genuine interest in solving people’s IT issues. You’ll be working within a small team supporting over 200 members of staff across a number of UK sites and remotely.
Your key responsibilities will include:
• Providing telephone, onsite, email and ticket based technical assistance to internal staff
• Assisting team members on internal systems, products and processes
• Answering help desk support calls in a timely and professional manner
• Proactive management of monitoring alerts, ensuring that they are dealt with in a timely manner, the customer is updated, incident raised, and the initial diagnostics completed
• Keeping all support incidents, records and communications updated
• Ensuring all support incidents follow the relevant processes and that customers are kept up-to-date
• Assisting in the improvement and creation of processes and procedures to further enhance the internal staff experience
• Troubleshooting hardware and software issues on desktops, laptops, tablets and mobile devices
• Deploying and troubleshooting Microsoft Operating Systems, Office suite and other mainstream software
• Deploying desktop, laptop and tablet devices
• Moving and reinstalling IT equipment
• Out of hours work may be required
• Travel to other company and customer sites may be required
• Excellent level of customer service
• Excellent time management
• Good knowledge of Microsoft Office suite
• Be able to demonstrate experience of software break/fix for PC’s and Laptops, troubleshooting Microsoft Operating Systems, Office suite and other mainstream software
• Troubleshooting network connectivity problems on PC’s
• Active Directory Administration, Exchange Server Administration
• TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, WINS
Where you'll be
The job is based at our headquarters in Old Dalby, Leicestershire, but you will work with colleagues across our other sites based in Cambridge and London.
We know investing in our people is key, so we offer our employees the following benefits:
✔ Enhanced holidays – 32 days (inclusive of 8 bank holidays)
✔ Life insurance
✔ Enhanced sick pay scheme
We are creative technical event production experts. It's our job to make events look and sound amazing. With over 30 years in the business, we really know our stuff.
Named by the London Stock Exchange in 2015 as one of the '1000 Companies to Inspire Britain', we believe every event should be an incredible experience. Using the very latest event technology, we create spectacular bespoke solutions, in the UK and beyond. We install equipment in venues and when only the kit is needed and not the whole caboodle, we hire it out. We sell equipment from leading manufacturers too.
Based in Leicestershire, London and Cambridge, with our cutting-edge gear, ingenious 150-strong team and unwavering focus on quality, we're proud to deliver a truly amazing service, every time. And that's why many of our clients choose to work with us again and again.
Email your CV with a covering letter outlining your experience and why you're the right person for the job to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note: we are sorry, but due to a high volume of applications, we are able to contact applicants who are shortlisted only.
- Deadline for applications: 30 November 2018
- Contact: Matt Gammon
- Telephone: 01664 821112
- Email: email@example.com