Hawthorn, the award-winning creative technical event production expert, has a fantastic opportunity for an IT Manager to lead our busy IT department.
We are looking for an experienced, organised and enthusiastic individual, to manage and support our IT infrastructure, systems and applications. A genuine interest in solving people’s IT issues is a must. You’ll be managing a small team supporting over 200 members of staff across several UK sites and remotely.
Having recently undergone growth, this is an exciting time to join the Hawthorn team and get stuck into a challenging but very exciting role within the company.
Your key responsibilities will include:
• Monitoring and support of the internal IT infrastructure.
• Participating in the delivery and management of IT projects.
• The effective strategic IT planning and oversight of IT performance.
• Approve and monitor major projects, IT budgets, priorities, standards, procedures, and overall IT performance.
• Management of the 1st / 2nd line IT Support desk – Staff, infrastructure and applications.
• Support and maintenance of all IT environments including infrastructure, systems & applications.
• Coach, manage, mentor and develop a small team.
• Create, improve and implement appropriate documentation.
• Support compliance around GDPR.
• Microsoft Products (Active Directory, Group Policy, Windows Server)
• Networking (Cisco, VLAN, QoS, WAN, LAN, Firewalls, Netgear)
• Security (Telephony, Networks)
• Cloud technologies (Azure / AWS / Google Cloud)
• Phone systems (Avaya skype)
• Excellent level of customer service
• Excellent time management
• Excellent team management
• Good knowledge of Microsoft Office suite
• Troubleshooting network connectivity problems on PC’s
• Active Directory Administration, Exchange Server Administration
• TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, WINS
Where you'll be
The job is based at our headquarters in Old Dalby, Leicestershire, but you will work with colleagues across our other sites based in Cambridge and London.
We know investing in our people is key, so we offer our employees the following benefits:
✔ Enhanced holidays – 32 days (inclusive of 8 bank holidays)
✔ Life insurance
✔ Enhanced sick pay scheme
We are creative technical event production experts. It's our job to make events look and sound amazing. With over 30 years in the business, we really know our stuff.
We believe every event should be an incredible experience. Using the very latest event technology, we create spectacular bespoke solutions, in the UK and beyond. We install equipment in venues and when only the kit is needed and not the whole caboodle, we hire it out. We sell equipment from leading manufacturers too.
Based in Leicestershire, London and Cambridge, with our cutting-edge gear, ingenious 200-strong team and unwavering focus on quality, we're proud to deliver a truly amazing service, every time. And that's why many of our clients choose to work with us again and again.
Email your CV with a covering letter outlining your experience and why you're the right person for the job to: email@example.com
- Deadline for applications: 23 December 2018
- Contact: Robert Whiting
- Telephone: 01664 821121
- Email: Robert.Whiting@hawthorn.biz