JOIN OUR MOVING LIGHTS TEAM
Position: Asset Operative - Moving Lights
Location: Old Dalby, Leicestershire
Hours: 40 hours per week, plus overtime as required
Salary: Negotiable, depending on experience
Hawthorn, the creative technical event production expert, has a number of opportunities to join the team of Asset Operatives looking after our extensive range of technical entertainment equipment, across a range of departments. We are currently looking for team members for our Moving Lights team.
With a reputation for excellent customer service and high standards of equipment, Hawthorn is looking for organised, practical and friendly individuals to join our rapidly expanding team. Now is an exciting time to join the business and we’re looking for enthusiastic people to join in our success.
We are also looking for new team members for the following teams:
- Picking and preparing technical equipment for client hires
- Checking in, maintaining and testing technical equipment
- Familiarising yourself with the hire stock and be able to visual identify each item with its codes
- Undertaking stock checks
- Assisting in the on/off hiring and booking equipment on InspHire, our stock control system
- Identify faults with equipment and know the correct procedures to solve the faults
- Communicate effectively across all departments of the company
- Be a team player
- Have great communication skills
- Be self-motivated
- Be able to work under pressure and to deadlines
- Be physically able to move stock
- Be keen to learn
- Be cheerful and positive
- Be a problem solver
- Be a reliable timekeeper
Be experienced in working with technical equipment
Possess good computer skills
Have a forklift license
Full UK driving licence (due to location public transport can prove to be difficult)
Where you'll be
The job is based at our headquarters in Old Dalby, Leicestershire.
You will work your core 40 hours between Monday to Friday: 8am to 6pm, Saturday: 9am - 1pm, Sunday: 9am - 12pm.
Overtime where required
We are creative technical event production experts. It's our job to make events look and sound amazing. And after 30 years in the business, we really know our stuff.
Named by the London Stock Exchange in 2015 as one of the '1000 Companies to Inspire Britain', we believe every event should be an incredible experience. Using the very latest event technology, we create spectacular bespoke solutions, in the UK and beyond. We install equipment in venues and when only the kit is needed and not the whole caboodle, we hire it out. We sell equipment from leading manufacturers too.
Based in Leicestershire, London and Cambridge, with our cutting-edge gear, ingenious 200-strong team and unwavering focus on quality, we're proud to deliver a truly amazing service, every time. And that's why many of our clients choose to work with us again and again.
Email your CV with a covering letter outlining your experience and why you're the right person for the job to: email@example.com
- Deadline for applications: 11 January 2019
- Contact: Adrian Searle
- Telephone: 01664 8211132
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org