LIGHTING PROJECT TECHNICIANS - VARIOUS LOCATIONS
Position: Project Technicians – Lighting
Location: Leicestershire, Cambridge and London
Salary: Negotiable, dependent upon experience
Hawthorn, the creative technical event production expert, has a fantastic opportunity for a highly experienced and competent Project Technician, specialising in Lighting, to join its team in Leicestershire, Cambridge and London and to work alongside its busy Project Managers to deliver amazing events.
Our dynamic project teams work with a diverse range of clients to deliver stunning events of all sizes - from conferences, exhibitions and award ceremonies to big parties and intimate dinners. Our Project Technicians play a key role in pre-event production and delivery, from helping to specify the right equipment on each event, to the post event de-rig. We pride ourselves upon delivering an incredible service for our clients and the specialist expertise of our technicians is crucial to our high service levels.
This is an exciting role for the right candidate and a chance to showcase your skills – every project is different and you’ll be involved with each event from start to finish, working with a brilliant team who specialise in making things happen. It goes without saying that the right person for this role will be a great team player with laser-sharp attention to detail, who thrives under pressure.
• to rig, set up, focus, operate, de-rig lighting equipment to the expected standard
• to design and specify equipment on a variety of projects
• to specify pre-production prep work and assist in completion
• to book equipment from plans and specifications
• to lead and manage the lighting team on site
• to work in compliance with health and safety policy and all company procedures at all times
• have a minimum of 5 years of experience as a lighting technician
• be able to interpret technical plans and direction by senior members of the team
• have positive leadership skills and be a great team player
• be able to work under pressure to a given timeline and build schedule
• have a full UK driving license
Physical and social conditions of this role
• non-standard working hours, including evenings and weekends
• working away from home, nationally and internationally
• working to strict timelines in often high pressured and stressful environments
• working at height
Where you'll be
The job is based at our sites in Leicestershire (Old Dalby), Cambridge (Great Abington) or London (Park Royal). This role involves regular travel across the UK and beyond.
✔ Enhanced holidays – 32 days (inclusive of 8 bank holidays)
✔ Life insurance
✔ Enhanced sick pay scheme
We are creative technical event production experts. It's our job to make events look and sound amazing. And after 30 years in the business, we really know our stuff.
Named by the London Stock Exchange in 2015 as one of the '1000 Companies to Inspire Britain', we believe every event should be an incredible experience. Using the very latest event technology, we create spectacular bespoke solutions, in the UK and beyond. We install equipment in venues and when kit is needed and not the whole caboodle, we hire it out. We sell equipment from leading manufacturers too.
Based in Leicestershire, London and Cambridge, with our cutting-edge gear, ingenious 150 + strong team and unwavering focus on quality, we're proud to deliver a truly amazing service, every time. And that's why many of our clients choose to work with us again and again.
Email your CV with a covering letter outlining your experience and why you're the right person for the job to: email@example.com
For an informal chat about the role, contact Jack Sayer on 01223 897694 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Contact: Jack Sayer
- Telephone: 01223 897694
- Email: jack.sayer@hawthorn,biz