LIGHTING PROJECT TECHNICIANS - VARIOUS LOCATIONS
Position: Project Technicians – Lighting
Location: Leicestershire, Cambridge and London
Salary: Negotiable, dependent upon experience
Hawthorn, the award-winning creative technical event production expert, has a fantastic opportunity for highly experienced and competent Project Technicians, specialising in Lighting, to join its teams in Leicestershire, Cambridge and London and work alongside its busy Project Managers to deliver amazing events.
Our dynamic project teams work with a diverse range of clients to deliver stunning events of all sizes - from conferences, exhibitions and award ceremonies to big parties and intimate dinners. Our Project Technicians play a key role in pre-event production and delivery, from helping to specify the right equipment on each event, to the post event de-rig. We pride ourselves upon delivering an incredible service for our clients and the specialist expertise of our technicians is crucial to our high service levels.
This is an exciting role for the right candidates and a chance to showcase your skills – every project is different and you’ll be involved with many events from start to finish, working with a brilliant team who specialise in making things happen. It goes without saying that the right person for this role will be a great team player with laser-sharp attention to detail, who thrives under pressure.
• to rig, set up, focus, operate, de-rig, lighting equipment and related equipment to the expected standard and within the expected timeframe
• to specify pre-event prep work and to supervise it, ensuring it is completed accurately
• to design/specify equipment for projects as directed
• to book equipment from given plans/spec using InspHire software (training will be provided)
• to liaise with clients and venue staff as required to fulfil the delivery of an event
• to undertake warehouse preparation of equipment for an event - e.g. pre addressing, making looms etc
• to work in the warehouse as required and as directed by warehouse manager/team leader to pick, re-shelve and undertake basic repairs and servicing of equipment
• to be responsible for rigs and de-rigs where requested by the Project Manager and where appropriate
• fault find and fix equipment
• to program/operate consoles
• to act as a ‘responsible person’ on-site when required
• to lead and manage a department or team on site when required
• to supervise other technicians, freelancers and local crew on site on occasion
• to learn and harness information from your peers and colleagues to improve your techniques, skills and development
• to support, train and nurture other technicians
• to work in compliance with Health and safety policy and all company procedures at all times
• to fulfil other reasonable duties as required by line manager or as requested by a senior person when on site
• have a minimum of 3 years of experience as a lighting technician
• be able to understand and interpret technical plans and direction by senior member of the team and carry out those tasks to the expected level
• be able to work under pressure to a given timeline/build schedule
• demonstrate competency without supervision or guidance
• to represent the company in a positive manner at all times
• have positive leadership skills and be a great team player
• have a full UK driving licence
Physical and social conditions of this role
• non-standard working hours, including evenings and weekends
• working away from home, nationally and internationally
• working to strict timelines in often high pressured and stressful environments
• working at height
Where you'll be
The job is based at our sites in Leicestershire (Old Dalby), Cambridge (Great Abington) or London (Park Royal). This role involves regular travel across the UK and beyond.
✔ Enhanced holidays – 32 days (inclusive of 8 bank holidays)
✔ Perkbox – discount scheme
✔ Life insurance
✔ Enhanced sick pay scheme
We are creative technical event production experts. It's our job to make events look and sound amazing. And after 30 years in the business, we really know our stuff.
Named by the London Stock Exchange in 2015 as one of the '1000 Companies to Inspire Britain', we believe every event should be an incredible experience. Using the very latest event technology, we create spectacular bespoke solutions, in the UK and beyond. We install equipment in venues and when kit is needed and not the whole caboodle, we hire it out. We sell equipment from leading manufacturers too.
Based in Leicestershire, London and Cambridge, with our cutting-edge gear, ingenious 140-strong team and unwavering focus on quality, we're proud to deliver a truly amazing service, every time. And that's why many of our clients choose to work with us again and again.
Email your CV with a covering letter outlining your experience and why you're the right person for the job to: email@example.com
For an informal chat about the role, contact James Hunter on 01223 897696 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Deadline for applications: 18 December 2018
- Contact: James Hunter
- Telephone: 01223 897696
- Email: email@example.com