Rigging Team Leader
Position: Team Leader - Rigging Asset team
Location: Old Dalby, Leicestershire
Hours: 40 Hours Full Time contract
Salary: Negotiable, dependent upon experience
Hawthorn, the full-service technical event production expert, has a fantastic opportunity for a Rigging Team Leader to work in our busy hire asset operations department.
Our rigging department is a significant part of our operation and rivals most non-specialist rigging suppliers within the UK in its scale and diversity.
You will be responsible for managing and motivating a team that prepares, services and maintains hire rigging assets to an agreed high standard. You will lead a team that picks and collates equipment ready for hire contracts, ensuring that the order is picked accurately within an agreed time frame and then processed on its return for re-use.
Experience in a similar role is key, so we’d love to hear from you if you have a minimum of 2 years’ experience of working within a rental operation; have worked with entertainment mechanical equipment; have experience in testing and inspecting rigging equipment and knowledge of L.O.L.E.R and P.U.W.E.R.
Your key responsibilities will include:
• Evaluating daily/weekly workload and plan resources and space accordingly.
• Being pro-active in obtaining information from staff on their workload and outstanding tasks through continual monitoring.
• Co-ordinating staff to ensure that they complete both the practical and administrative elements of their role effectively.
• Being motivational and supportive to your team.
• Offering training and guidance.
• Ensuring that the working environment is kept clean and tidy and adheres to health and safety recommendations. Champion the "Clean As You Go" initiative.
• Acting as Quality Control champion, ensuring picking and despatch accuracy is maintained.
• Ensuring that the quality of the equipment held is to the appropriate standard.
• Communicating as required with the wider business and external suppliers to ensure the requirements of individual jobs can be met or alternative solutions/resources are found.
• Ensuring that the stock held within your department is kept accurate at all times, liaising with stock and logistics to resolve stock errors as they are identified.
• Engaging in problem solving and demonstrating a pro-active approach to dealing with the challenges each event may present.
• To create and communicate staff schedules to ensure staff are aware of their forthcoming commitments.
• A large degree of manual handling is involved.
• Warehouse working in mixed temperatures.
• Loading and unloading vehicles.
• Flexible working hours
• Excellent man-management skills.
• Great team player.
• Good communicator.
• Flexible with working hours.
• Have an attention to detail.
• Moderate IT skills.
Desirable Qualities/ Qualifications
• Minimum 2 years’ experience working within a rental operation
• Experience with entertainment mechanical equipment
• Have experience in the testing and inspecting of rigging equipment
• Knowledge of L.O.L.E.R. and P.U.W.E.R.
Where you'll be
The job is based at our office/headquarters in Old Dalby, Leicestershire, but you will work with colleagues across our bases in London and Cambridge.
We know investing in our people is key, so we offer our employees the following benefits:
✔ Enhanced holidays – 32 days (inclusive of 8 bank holidays)
✔ Life insurance
✔ Enhanced sick pay scheme
We are creative technical event production experts. It's our job to make events look and sound amazing. And after over 30 years in the business, we really know our stuff.
Named by the London Stock Exchange in 2015 as one of the '1000 Companies to Inspire Britain', we believe every event should be an incredible experience. Using the very latest event technology, we create spectacular bespoke solutions, in the UK and beyond. We install equipment in venues and when only the kit is needed and not the whole caboodle, we hire it out. We sell equipment from leading manufacturers too.
Based in Leicestershire, London and Cambridge, with our cutting-edge gear, ingenious 150-strong team and unwavering focus on quality, we're proud to deliver a truly amazing service, every time. And that's why many of our clients choose to work with us again and again.
Email your CV with a covering letter outlining your experience and why you're the right person for the job to: email@example.com
Please note: we are sorry, but due to a high volume of applications, we are able to contact applicants who are shortlisted only.
- Deadline for applications: 8 March 2019
- Contact: Adrian Searle
- Telephone: 01664 821 132
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org