SALES AND PURCHASING CLERK
Hawthorn, the technical event production expert is looking for a sales and purchasing clerk to join its busy permanent technical equipment installation team.
You will be working as part of a team delivering audio, video and lighting equipment installations in theatres, museums, educational establishments and some of the most recognised and historically important buildings within the UK.
In this role, you will be responsible for quoting to internal and external customers and assisting with the purchasing for the company.
You will have an interest in theatre and all things technical. You need to be confident and positive when liaising with customers. You will be good with figures and using excel and all Microsoft packages.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- To undertake quoting for customers both internal and external.
- To answer phonecalls from customers.
- To put together purchase orders for suppliers.
- To seek out best prices.
- To work with installation warehouse on utilise existing stock.
- To maintain accurate records of visits within the companies CRM database.
- To work with internal teams with regards to ServiceSafe.
Physical and social conditions
- Working at a desk
- Some travel required
- Full driving license
- Industry interest
- Computer literate
- Ability to work under pressure
- Positive, self-motivated approach
- Effective communication with great verbal and written skills
Where you’ll be
The job is based at our office/headquarters in Leicestershire. However, travel may be required to attend trade shows.
Pay and benefits.
- Competitive salary, depending upon experience
- Enhanced holidays – 32 days (inclusive of 8 bank holidays)
- Life insurance
- Enhanced sick pay scheme
We are creative technical event production experts. It’s our job to make events look and sound amazing. With over 30 years in the business, we really know our stuff.
Named by the London Stock Exchange in 2015 as one of the ‘1000 Companies to Inspire Britain’, we believe every event should be an incredible experience. Using the very latest event technology, we create spectacular bespoke solutions, in the UK and beyond. We install equipment in venues and when only the kit is needed and not the whole caboodle, we hire it out. We sell equipment from leading manufacturers too.
Based in Leicestershire, London and Cambridge, with our cutting-edge gear, ingenious 150-strong team and unwavering focus on quality, we’re proud to deliver a truly amazing service, every time. And that’s why many of our clients choose to work with us again and again.
Email your CV with a covering letter outlining your experience and why you’re the right person for the job to: email@example.com
For an informal chat about the role, contact Lydia Hawthorn on 01664 821 153 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline for applications: 28th February 2019
- Deadline for applications: 28th February 2019
- Contact: Lydia Hawthorn
- Email: email@example.com