WAREHOUSE AND HIRE CO-ORDINATOR LONDON
Position: Warehouse and Hire Co-ordinator
Location: London Park Royal Office (Relocation to Uxbridge from August)
Hours: 40 Hours plus overtime as required
Salary: Negotiable, dependent upon experience
Hawthorn, the creative technical event production expert is one of the UK’s leading independent, technical suppliers. We pride ourselves on our excellent customer service and high standard of equipment. Our Hire department has an excellent opportunity for an organised individual with excellent interpersonal skills to join their team. Ideally, you will have a proven track record of experience in this role.
To support the Warehouse Manager, Hire Account Managers, Hire Business Development Managers and clients
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Take enquiries from the hire team and clients to produce accurate quotes for hires and consumable sales
- When the hire or sale is confirmed liaise with the Transport Coordinator to ensure all the logistics are planned correctly
- Ensuring the correct hire equipment is booked and checking equipment availability
- Liaising with Hire Admin when a hire is ready to be printed
- Communicate and coordinate effectively across all departments of the company
- To provide excellent customer service
- Keep all activity updated on the company CRM system
- Manage your own time and scheduling
- Arrange equipment transfers between depots as and when required
- Greet visitors, making sure they sign in and conform to our Health and Safety policy.
- The procurement and stock checking of consumable sales
- Maintain and keep accurate account of stock levels and equipment
- Picking hire equipment, using equipment lists and scanning equipment
- Checking in and packing away equipment from dry hire and Project returns
- Offloading and loading of customer vehicles and inter-depot vans and trucks
- Occasional deliveries and collections to customer and hire project locations
- Understanding and planning logistics for our drivers using scheduling system
- Occasional installation and break down of hire equipment
- Any other reasonable duties as dictated by the Warehouse Manager, Hire Team, and Senior Management
- Core hours Monday to Friday 8.30am to 18.00pm. Occasionally early morning, evening and weekend work can be requested especially over busy periods.
- Mainly office and warehouse based, with occasional travel to venues and customers.
- Be confident, friendly, calm and approachable
- Have an excellent telephone manner
- Be enthusiastic and self-motivated
- Be well presented
- Be articulate with great verbal and written communication skills
- Be used to working on multiple projects at once, and are able to prioritize
- Be used to working to tight deadlines. You’ve got excellent planning and time management skills
- Know your way around a computer, using standard packages like Outlook/Word/Excel and previous experience of Hire Tracking Systems is desirable (InspHire would be preferred)
- Have previous experience within the industry (would be advantageous)
- Have a good understanding of technical equipment such as Lighting, Sound and Audio Visual
- Have a good knowledge of London routes
Where you'll be
The job is based at our London office in Park royal with a relocation to our new offices in Uxbridge in August 2019, but you will also work with colleagues across our bases in Leicestershire and Cambridge Offices. Core hours are Monday to Friday 8:30am to 18:00pm, plus occasional weekend requirements.
We are creative technical event production experts. It's our job to make events look and sound amazing. And with over 30 years in the business, we really know our stuff.
Named by the London Stock Exchange in 2015 as one of the '1000 Companies to Inspire Britain', we believe every event should be an incredible experience. Using the very latest event technology, we create spectacular bespoke solutions, in the UK and beyond. We install equipment in venues and when only the kit is needed and not the whole caboodle, we hire it out. We sell equipment from leading manufacturers too.
Based in Leicestershire, London and Cambridge, with our cutting-edge gear, ingenious 190-strong team and unwavering focus on quality, we're proud to deliver a truly amazing service, every time. And that's why many of our clients choose to work with us again and again.
Email your CV with a covering letter outlining your experience and why you're the right person for the job to firstname.lastname@example.org
For an informal chat about the role, contact Wayne Swan on 020 8955 6900 or email Wayne.Swan@hawthorn.biz
Please note: we are sorry, but due to a high volume of applications, we are only able to contact applicants who are shortlisted
- Deadline for applications: 28 June 2019
- Contact: Wayne Swan
- Telephone: 020 8955 6900
- Email: Wayne.Swan@hawthorn.biz