Warehouse Operative & Driver
Position: Warehouse Operative & Driver
Location: Park Royal and Uxbridge, London
Hours: 40 hours per week, plus overtime as required
Salary: Negotiable, depending on experience
Hawthorn, the creative technical event production expert, is looking for a Warehouse Operative and Driver, to support the London warehouse team. The role is vital to the smooth running of our warehouse services – providing brilliantly maintained and perfectly prepared high-quality equipment is fundamental to the success of our project delivery and hire service.
You’ll be expected to check over and keep an accurate stock of all our technical equipment including, lighting, sound and AV fixtures. Within this role you will also be required to use and be able to understand paperwork and scanning control systems.
As well as being a great all-rounder, it would be an advantage if you have a good working knowledge of a busy warehouse environment and a can-do attitude, willing to jump into a van and deliver our technical equipment to London based customers.
You’ll be part of a friendly, professional and focused team which takes pride in delivering an amazing service, so it goes without saying you’ll be a great team player too.
• Picking and preparing technical equipment for client hires
• Checking in, maintaining and testing technical equipment
• Familiarising yourself with the hire stock and be able to visual identify each item with its codes
• Undertaking stock checks
• Assisting in the on/off hiring and booking equipment on InspHire, our stock control system
• Identify faults with equipment and know the correct procedures to solve the faults
• Communicate effectively across all departments of the company
• Delivering equipment hires to clients
• Be a team player
• Have great communication skills
• Be self-motivated
• Be able to work under pressure and to deadlines
• Be physically able to move stock
• Be keen to learn
• Be cheerful and positive
• Be a problem solver
• Be a reliable timekeeper
• Have a full UK driving licence
• Be experienced in working with technical equipment
• Possess good computer skills
• Have a forklift license – training will be provided if not
Where you'll be
The job is initially based at our London office in Park Royal. In July 2019, the role will move to our new premises in Uxbridge, so it is vital that you are able to commute to each location.
• You will work your core 40 hours between Monday to Friday: 8am to 6pm. Occasionally weekend work may be required.
• Overtime where required
We are creative technical event production experts. It's our job to make events look and sound amazing. And after 30 years in the business, we really know our stuff.
Named by the London Stock Exchange in 2015 as one of the '1000 Companies to Inspire Britain', we believe every event should be an incredible experience. Using the very latest event technology, we create spectacular bespoke solutions, in the UK and beyond. We install equipment in venues and when only the kit is needed and not the whole caboodle, we hire it out. We sell equipment from leading manufacturers too.
Based in Leicestershire, London and Cambridge, with our cutting-edge gear, ingenious 200-strong team and unwavering focus on quality, we're proud to deliver a truly amazing service, every time. And that's why many of our clients choose to work with us again and again.
Email your CV with a covering letter outlining your experience and why you're the right person for the job to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Deadline for applications: 19 April 2019
- Contact: Wayne Swan
- Telephone: 020 8955 6925
- Email: email@example.com