WAREHOUSE OPERATIVE - GOODS-IN & DISPATCH
Position: Warehouse Operative – Goods-in & Dispatch
Location: Old Dalby, Leicestershire
Hours: 40 hours per week, plus overtime as required
Salary: Negotiable, depending on experience
Hawthorn, the creative technical event production expert, has an opportunity for a Warehouse Operative to join our busy Goods-in and Dispatch team.
We supply technical equipment to a range of live events, from conferences, gala dinners and parties, to theatre productions and concert tours, as well as delivering permanent technical installations. Working as part of a friendly, hard-working and highly organised team, you will be involved in the loading of equipment for delivery to customers and unloading it on return, assisting with the booking in of the equipment as required.
With a reputation for excellent customer service and high standards of equipment, Hawthorn is looking for an organised, practical and friendly individual to join our rapidly expanding team. Now is an exciting time to join the business and we’re looking for an enthusiastic person to join in our success.
- To load and unload vehicles in the dispatch & goods in area.
- To ensure the load is complete and ready for dispatch.
- Assisting customers and taking deliveries, when busy.
- Printing hires, if needed and off-hiring, if needed.
- Ensure the area is kept clean and tidy, both inside and out.
- Ensure the safe movement of lorries within the yard by acting as a Banksman.
- Load and unload vehicles and move stock around using a fork lift.
- Move and park the vans, as required.
- To liaise with departments to ensure equipment is booked in and collected from the GI area.
- To liaise with Asset Logistics Returns in the booking in of equipment.
- Liaising with project managers and support about trucks/vans.
- Talking to trucking companies.
- Any other reasonable duties as detailed by the Asset Logistics Supervisor, and senior management.
- This list is not exhaustive and is intended that the incumbent will expand and develop this role.
Physical & Social Conditions
- Physical work – heavy lifting will be required.
- Flexible hours.
- Customer facing – politeness and smart appearance required. Uniform will be provided.
- Be a team player.
- Have great communication skills.
- Be self-motivated.
- Be able to work under pressure and to deadlines.
- Be physically able to move stock.
- Be keen to learn.
- Be cheerful and positive.
- Be a problem solver.
- Be a reliable timekeeper.
- Be experienced in working with technical equipment.
- Possess good computer skills.
- Have a forklift license.
- Full UK driving licence (due to location public transport can prove to be difficult).
Where you'll be
The job is based at our headquarters in Old Dalby, Leicestershire.
You will work your core 40 hours between Mon-Fri 7am-5pm, Sat 8am-1pm, Sun 8am-12pm
Overtime as required.
We are creative technical event production experts. It's our job to make events look and sound amazing. And after 30 years in the business, we really know our stuff.
Named by the London Stock Exchange in 2015 as one of the '1000 Companies to Inspire Britain', we believe every event should be an incredible experience. Using the very latest event technology, we create spectacular bespoke solutions, in the UK and beyond. We install equipment in venues and when only the kit is needed and not the whole caboodle, we hire it out. We sell equipment from leading manufacturers too.
Based in Leicestershire, London and Cambridge, with our cutting-edge gear, ingenious 200-strong team and unwavering focus on quality, we're proud to deliver a truly amazing service, every time. And that's why many of our clients choose to work with us again and again.
Email your CV with a covering letter outlining your experience and why you're the right person for the job to: email@example.com
- Deadline for applications: 18 September 2018
- Contact: Matt Iliffe
- Telephone: 01664 821198
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org